Saturday, February 20, 2010

2010 Update

Hello Friends and Family-
I hope that everyone is doing well and has been enjoying the nice weather! So, in short: 6 of my most farm-enthusiastic friends have moved into the house that sits on the Lazy Onion Urban Farm on 64th and E. Burnside St. They have already done so much work, have bought the flock of chickens from me, and have started a "sustainable" little co-op community on the property. I am moving home with my parents to save money and hopefully move to Canby, OR this summer to help run a family friend's blueberry farm. Then I plan on moving to Southern Oregon as I continue applying for firefighting jobs.

I am excited to share with you all that there will still be a buyer's club for Afton Field Farm in Portland! It will now be in NE Portland and held at Alicia Jones' parent's house (Alicia and Tyler started and own Afton Field Farm). Anyways, below is the information if you would like to be added to their e-mail list. I hope some of you are still able to support such a wonderful farm with delicious eggs, honey and meat. I am going to place orders as well, and I hope to run into you during pick-up times!

Anyways, this will probably be the last e-mail I send to this list as we are no longer having produce stands or a buyer's club, but to the neighbors in the Mt. Tabor area: my friends at the Lazy Onion Urban Farm have mentioned their interest in getting more people involved in the garden. If anyone is yearning to plant, harvest, and share the work and yields, you should contact the household directly, or e-mail me and I will forward it on.

I wish everyone good health and happiness in the upcoming months! I hope to see you soon!
Thank you for all your ongoing support, it has been much appreciated. Love, Ida Teasdale.

No comments:

Post a Comment